One of the best parts of summer is the unlimited amount of ice-cream there is. One minute, there are barely any ice-cream and gelato parlours, the next minute they are open everywhere. But making them at home, is just as easy.
Strawberries and Coconut Ice-Cream:
Strawberry ice-cream is something I never really have. As a chocoholic, you will probably find me spooning out the chocolate in Neopolitan ice-cream. But, when I accepted Smart Protein’s challenge, I decided I didn’t want to be predictable. Time for something a little bit different.
I wasn’t too sure whether I would like this, but I was happy with the result. It is refreshingly cool and has a slightly tingly sensation to it. This is no ordinary strawberry ice-cream.
2 frozen bananas
1/4 cup of tinned coconut milk
1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
1 scoop Smart Protein’s Strawberry Whey Protein
Handful of mint
1. Blend the coconut milk and frozen bananas. Stir around t make sure it’s all been blended.
2. Put in the strawberries and blend. You will find that it becomes like a moose.
3. Add the strawberry whey protein.
4. Add some of the mint and blent again.
5. Pour the mixture into a tub and put it into the freezer.
6. Once every hour, remove the tub from the freezer and stir the ice-cream to make sure it doesn’t crystallise. Do this around 4-5 times. Then leave in the freezer and take out whenever you want a spoon (or two) and chiffonade mint.
Quick tip: If you prefer moose more than ice -cream, eat after blending the ingredients.